Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Good Grief!

It looks like the Lone Tomato has friends!

There is another tomato plant popping up, several little fuzzy heads of carrots, and something else that I'm not sure about. It could be a weed but I'm going to delay in pulling it up for a while yet. There are not other weeds in the area that looks like this so it might be a "real" plant.

I'm simultaneously pleased, baffled, and vaguely annoyed. I'm very excited to see things growing but baffled/annoyed they are doing it now and not when I planted them. Whaaaat's up with that?

I know, I know...it's all good. But it doesn't go far in TEACHING me anything. Other than the fact that gardens grow in their own good time.

One thing I DO know, the garden soil is doing ok...I had thought I needed to give it something magical but apparently not. So planting is officially on the agenda for this week.



I just hope what I plant now won't wait til January of '13 to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment