Thursday, February 24, 2011

Garden Update

Note to readers: If you ever want to see my head spin like the chick from "The Exorcist", watch me misplace my garden map.

Ok. On January 22 I planted:

Romaine Lettuce
Butter Lettuce
Red Lettuce
Mustard Greens
Georgia Collard Greens
Scarlett Nantes Carrots
Detroit Dark Red Beets
Purple Top White Globe Turnips
Purple Plum Radish
Sweet Peas

So far I have happy and thriving carrots, beets, turnips and both collard & mustard greens, and the peas. The peas are especially lively so far. The rest have yet to sprout and as this is the second failure on these seeds to even make an appearance, I think it's time to retire them and move on. However I'm happy since so far this is the most successful garden I've had. Yes, I just jinxed it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment