Saturday, September 7, 2013

Do-Over

Can we have a do-over?

I’m a hopeless blogger who goes through spurts of industry before life takes over. Oh well. Once more unto the breach dear friends!

There have been a LOT of changes since I last blogged. Baby #2 (another girl), we are now sans chickens OR pets of any kind. The only other time in my life where I’ve not had an animal of some sort was the year and a half I lived in the dorms at college. I confess it’s actually really nice. Children are basically like high-maintenance pets so they are enough for now. Someday I’ll have dogs and chickens (and who knows what else) again, but it’s just not the season for it in life, and I’m actually ok with that. My mother would be proud ;-) Maybe now I can actually start some herb gardens without chickens or dogs trying to destroy everything I attempt to grow!

Farmers Market Day! All this for $10, check it out!
 

 I’m especially thrilled over these pears. If I tried to eat all local I would rarely get to eat any fruit beyond melons, citrus, and tomatoes. So these are especially treasured. I forgot the name but they are a pretty hard, crisp pear without a lot of sweetness when raw, but once cooked the sweetness comes forth. They’ll be put into Monday’s oatmeal bake.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment